This blog is an uncensored look into my soul. I am writing this as part of my healing process, but am leaving it public so others can follow me through my journey.

If you'd like to start from the beginning, click on the beautiful, adorable picture of Hailey on the right hand column.

You can also email me at: haileyshalo@yahoo.com

Monday, October 5, 2009

Journal Entry: September 7, 2009

Hey Ooge-

Today is Labor Day and I'm feeling your absence a little more than usual. It's been so quiet around the house without you here. I really miss your voice laughing and yes, sometimes even yelling! Today Auntie Kim and I were laying in the hallway playing with Lexi and Ava. I just stopped for a minute and thought of you and how much you would have loved that moment. I can't believe that tomorrow will be one month since you left. It's just crazy to me. I can't believe I haven't held you or heard your voice in an entire month. I miss you so much. We have the cutest little monkey that we carry around with us to represent you. Why a monkey? Because you used to always say, "Oo Oo Aah Aah," with the hugest smile on your face! So we figued that would be the best thing to use! It's small enough to fit in my purse, so it's always with us when we go anywhere as a family.

So school starts this week and that's going to be really tough. I can just picture how adorable you would have looked on your first day! Not to mention how excited you would have been! What I wouldn't give to have a picture of you and Lexi together on your first day of school. I'm really going to need you there with me that day, so I'm asking you to please send me a dime, or come visit me!!!

I love you baby girl.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. every time i'm at your house i still catch myself from almost asking "where's hailey?". her presence is definitely missed!!! it's totally different without her.

    ReplyDelete