This blog is an uncensored look into my soul. I am writing this as part of my healing process, but am leaving it public so others can follow me through my journey.

If you'd like to start from the beginning, click on the beautiful, adorable picture of Hailey on the right hand column.

You can also email me at: haileyshalo@yahoo.com

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cool Dime Story

Last night I went to Disneyland for my friend Kelli's birthday.  While there, I was determined to find a small Tinkerbell doll to represent Hailey in our family pictures (and outings).  As I was getting ready to pay for the one I found, I looked to my left and saw the cutest little Tinkerbell music box up on a shelf.  I picked it up and opened it.  There was this little Tinkerbell twirling around and the song, You Can Fly, from Peter Pan was playing.  It was so cute.  She looked just like Hailey and that song was played at the cemetary when we did the balloon release for her.  Of course, me being a "spender," decided to buy it.  But as I was waiting in line I started pondering it and thinking that I didn't really need it, etc., etc.  I really don't know why I was putting so much thought into it because normally I would have bought it and not thought twice, but for some reason I just couldn't decide.  Anyways, I finally decided that I'd already spent enough money for the night and was going to put it back.  My friend Alicia was in line with me at the time and couldn't believe what happened next!  Literally the second I stepped out of line we both heard this little tinkling sound.  As we looked down, right there underneath the stroller in front of me was a dime, up on its side, spinning around like a top!!!  Then it stopped and fell flat, tails side up!  We both just stopped, stunned for a second and then I scrambled to grab it before someone else would!  The funny thing is, no one even looked down.  That's when Alicia told me I should use the little music box for my dimes!!!  So yes, of course, I bought it!  I was so excited!

I've been to Disneyland about 8 times since Hailey has passed away and I've found a dime every single time!!!  But tonight, was going to be even better.  Later in the evening, the Christmas fireworks show started.  For those of you who haven't seen it, let me tell you, it's freaking amazing!!!  All the fireworks go to music and they are absolutely gorgeous.  The best fireworks show I've ever seen.  Only this time, I saw it differently.  I started to get very emotional because all I could think of was last 4th of July and how excited Hailey was about the fireworks.  We went to this little lake by my house and watched them light them off over the water.  She absolutely loved it!  Now I realized that I'd never get to see that little face light up with awe at the Disneyland fireworks.  It really cut deep.  It's the little things like that that we so take for granted.  Then at the end of the show they started to play the song, "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas." (Not sure if that's the actual title though.)  Well that just about did me in and started the waterworks flowing.  They were sprinkling a little, but not pouring luckily.  As we were walking away, in the dark, I just happened to look down in the middle of everyone, and there on the ground right in front of my foot was a dime!  AGAIN!  I couldn't believe it!  I seriously love her so much! 

Those were the first dimes I've found in over 2 weeks.  That's why I know they are from Hailey.  I swear I have never found a dime randomly.  It's only when I've specifically asked her for one and I'm having a rough time and need her there!!!  I am a huge believer in signs.  I mean, why not be?  Does it hurt anything?  

Anyways, I just wanted to share that and remind all of you that have loved ones who have passed on that they are aware of you and know your happiness and sadness.  So ask them for a sign that they are there with you, give them a chance to deliver, and most importantly...BELIEVE. 

P.S. By the way, the other day I was going through my pictures and randomly came across the picture of the dragonfly I found at Hailey's Place.  I posted it back on the page with the story called Waterbugs and Dragonflies (11-04-09) if you want to see it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy,
    I look forward to reading your stories. I do believe that Hailey is sending you those dimes, it is amazing. Hang in there! Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the idea of using the box to store the dimes is a lovely one.
    Thinking of you so much over this week.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of you using the jewlery box as the place for Hailey's dimes, that is so special. I thought of you this weekend, I was in Hershey Park at the oulets, we went to the Disney Store outlet and they had SO many Tinerbell dolls! I will be thinking about you this coming week. Love and Peace!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete