This blog is an uncensored look into my soul. I am writing this as part of my healing process, but am leaving it public so others can follow me through my journey.

If you'd like to start from the beginning, click on the beautiful, adorable picture of Hailey on the right hand column.

You can also email me at: haileyshalo@yahoo.com

Friday, September 4, 2009

My Beliefs

As most of you already know, I am LDS (Mormon). So I just wanted to let you know what I believe about Hailey and where she is right now. You may or may not agree with me, and that is totally fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I will take no offense!

I believe that we are all children of our Father in Heaven (God). We lived with him prior to coming to the Earth. He sent each of us down here to the Earth to receive a physical body. Our mission here is to decide, by our own free will, whether or not we want to eventually return to Him.

Jesus Christ is our brother. He came here to teach us the correct way to live our lives and then to die for us, taking upon Himself, the blame for all of our sins. He is each of our personal Savior. I know if I was the only person on the face of this Earth, He would have gone through everything He did and died on the cross just for me.

Hailey was entrusted to us by our Heavenly Father. I believe that in some ways she was on loan to us until He needed her back. Upon her death, I believe that her precious little spirit entered paradise (what we call the Spirit World) to rest and learn and wait for Christ to rise again. When Christ comes again, Hailey’s body will resurrect from the grave in its most perfect form. Sean and I will then be given the chance to raise her during what we believe will be the millennium (1,000 years where Christ will rule and reign on the Earth). Our family will be a family unit for eternity, never to be broken apart again after the resurrection. After the Millennium we will be judged according to our works, hearts, and desires to be placed where we will remain for eternity.

I believe that the “veil” between the Spirit World and our Earthly world is very thin. Therefore, Hailey can come visit us in spirit whenever she wants or is necessary. She can literally see us and talk to us, if we are quiet and listen we may just be able to hear her prompting or feel her presence. (I have already had several of these experiences, some of which I plan to share at a later date and some of which are too sacred and personal.) Hailey is also up there with her family members that have passed on before her; she will never be alone.

Lastly, I believe that Hailey is not a little baby spirit anymore. I believe that upon crossing the veil and entering the Spirit World, her little mind was opened and she was able to see the whole picture, which grew her up quite a bit. She is now there continually learning and helping take care of her family (and friends) here on this Earth.

Of course, there are many more beliefs intertwined with these, but I just wanted you all to know in a basic form exactly what I believe and know to be true in my heart, so you have an idea and knowledge of where I’m coming from in my reactions and dealings with my grief. Again, you don’t have to agree with me, as a matter of fact, you can think I’m totally off my rocker…I won’t be offended, I promise!!!

There is an AMAZING book I read called, The Message, written by a man named Lance Richardson. He was on life support for 3 months and went to the Spirit World several times. His cousin who had passed before him showed him what it was like there and let me tell you…I had to think twice about not purchasing a one-way ticket over there!!! J/K Seriously though, it was one of the BEST books I have ever read and has had the biggest impact on me of any book I have ever read. I would recommend it to anyone who wonders what its like where Hailey is!!! I totally believe it 100%, with every fiber of my being. My mother-in-law, my mother, and my sister have all read it and absolutely loved it too! Check it out…it’s not very long either!!!

So in closing, I hope you now have a basic understanding of what beliefs and mindset are. Let me be honest and say that my faith in God has only gotten stronger since this tragedy with Hailey. I know that the human which is me sees it as a tragedy, but the spirit which is Hailey sees it as a blessing. I also know that given the choice, she would want to remain exactly where she is. This gives me a lot of comfort and peace. My beliefs and faith has literally pulled me through this so far and carried me when I thought I literally couldn’t take another minute of this pain. If you’ve ever read the poem, Footprints In The Sand, you will know what I mean when I say that He has literally carried me.

2 comments:

  1. wendy, i am glad that you have your faith to comfort you so much. i was so impressed with what your church family did to support and comfort you guys in the days after hailey passed away and through the funeral. i'm so glad you are writing through all of this. it's so you. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via one of the halo recipients. I've been reading the blog and the "dime" stories on the foundation page. I think it is so wonderful how you have turned all of this into something that can help others. I love how you wrote out your beliefs...not only is Hailey helping in the spirit world but she is sharing the gospel and bringing others to Christ here on earth. What an amazing opportunity. I'm so amazed by all of the positive things you and your family are doing with the situation you were given. Thank you for sharing your story and testimony.

    ReplyDelete