This blog is an uncensored look into my soul. I am writing this as part of my healing process, but am leaving it public so others can follow me through my journey.

If you'd like to start from the beginning, click on the beautiful, adorable picture of Hailey on the right hand column.

You can also email me at: haileyshalo@yahoo.com

Monday, September 28, 2009

Journal Entry: August 29, 2009

Hey Oogy-

I was just talking to Auntie "Leesha" and she said hi. I'm sitting here at your place and its absolutely beautiful. I think you would really love it here.

First I have to say thank you so much for the last 2 dimes you sent me! You don't even know how much you made my day. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're with us. Yesterday Lexi came to me and said, "Mom, I heard Hailey talk to me." I asked her what she meant and she told me about how she lost a lego piece that went to the ship her and Daddy were putting together. She was thinking about telling Daddy a lie and then she said that she heard your voice in her head tell her not to lie to Daddy, but to tell the truth!" I was shocked when she told me that because I know little kids don't make that stuff up. She doesn't know about the experience I had when I heard you tell me you chose to go to Heaven, so I know she didn't get that "idea" from me. Anyways, I'm sure you probably already know, but she listened to you and told Daddy the truth. Thank you for being there for your sister. Please stay close to her. She really misses you a lot.

I know you're probably busy up there, but I really hope that you stick around here with us too. We miss you so much and take a lot of comfort in feeling your presence and seeing your signs. Even though you're not a little baby anymore, you'll always be my little baby girl.

Yesterday, we went to Grammie & Grampie's house. We jumped off the boat dock and actually swam in the canals! It was so fun. Our little monkey was sitting on the dock representing you. (By the way, I hope you're not offended that we didn't pick a butterfly or cute little animal to represent you, but lets get real here!) Anyways, I swam from their boat all the way to the bridge by their house and back!!! No one thought I could do it and I even beat Grammies and Daddy! You would have loved it and been so proud of me. As I swam back I could just picture you standing on the dock yelling, "Go Mommy!" I also couldn't help but look around at how beautiful it was there and imagine waht it's like where you are. I know you're loving it there and probably wouldn't come back here even if you were able to.

Well baby girl, I'm going to go now. It's ridiculously hot out here! Please keep an eye on your grandmothers and come visit me soon!

I Love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment